Le Chéile works in partnership with independent Lloyd’s broking partners that match our ambition to provide flexible insurance to clients across the entire natural resources spectrum. We are firm believers that conventional insurance and reinsurance products will, for many clients, continue to be a key component of financing risk. However, we have the flexibility and creative ability to develop new as required.
Le Chéile has the market knowledge, relationships and broking expertise to place any risk in our specialist sectors, regardless of how large or complex. We are particularly focused on international wholesale, direct UK/European business and captive reinsurance and are proud to have secured appointments from many prominent and prestigious natural resource and utility industry organisations. We also have strong and long-standing personal relationships with numerous retail brokers around the world.
We provide insurance for several key sub sectors in the Energy sphere:
- On and Offshore renewable firms (Wind, Solar, PV)
- Exploration & Production companies
- Midstream & Downstream Operations, incl. Pipelines & Storage
- Oilfield Service Companies & Drilling Contractors
- Onshore & Offshore Construction
- Power Generation & Utilities (Regulated & Non-Regulated Utilities, Independent Power Producers & Renewable Energy)
The team has wide experience of designing and placing:
- Construction Package Policies including Property, Delay in Start-Up, Cargo & Third Party Liability Expertise
- Primary & Excess Property/Machinery Breakdown & Boiler Explosion/Natural Catastrophe
- 'Business Interruption/Extra Expense/Replacement Power
- Package Policies including Property, Control of Well & Loss of Production Income
- Primary & Excess Liability/Protection & Indemnity/Marine Liability
Le Chéile work with independent Lloyd’s broking partners that match our ambition of creating a new, independent force in the insurance marketplace. By developing the depth of resource and capability in the team has been a priority. Le Chéile’s objective is to work with core clients and bring them the best possible result via our network by giving clients a choice.
Our core expertise is as follows:
- Risk pricing: We provide realistic estimates of premium costs and likely terms, regardless of market conditions.
- Risk presentation & market relationships: We work with clients to develop their relationships with key underwriters and produce comprehensive presentations that help sell the risk before we enter the market.
- Structuring: We develop placement structures that drive pricing efficiencies and allow maximum market participation and competition.
- Marketing: We have strong relationships with the key leading underwriters for energy business and in-depth knowledge of the wider marketplace. This is necessary to give clients the best possible market access and drive the most competitive deals.
- Wordings: We negotiate broad, client-specific and responsive policy wordings. Responsibility for wordings resides solely with our senior team members.
- Claims: We take a strategic and client-specific view of claims handling. Our objective is to extract the best possible result from the market in the shortest possible time-frame. We take a strategic and client-specific view of claims handling. Our objective is to extract the best possible result from the market in the shortest possible time-frame.