Development bonds are needed by developers who as part of their planning permission need to put down a cash lump sum or an insurance bond (development bond).
This bond is intended to satisfy the local council/planning authority that the developer will complete the works to the standard which is then “Taken in Charge”. These bonds used to include all aspects of the development services but just recently Irish Water has broken out there portion and now requires their own separate bond as part of planning.
What we need to get started
- Completed Development Bond Proposal Form.
- Last two years consolidated audited accounts
- Up-to-date management accounts
- Copy of Bond Wording
- Copy of the planning permission
- Point of contact in the county council